CMOS battery replacement

Andrew Schenck andrew at springahead.com
Fri Dec 11 20:26:54 UTC 2015

The secondhand GTA04 I have now is pretty beat up and can't charge
because the USB port is disconnected.  I've been using a spare GTA02 as
a charger, but every time I switch out batteries the clock resets to
12/12/1999 16:00 and it's a pain to re-set it since network time doesn't
work.  I couldn't find any information on the wiki about replacing the
CMOS battery to solve this problem; has anyone here dealt with this same
problem before and have recommendations?

I disassembled a GTA02 enough to see the battery, but it didn't yield to
gentle pressure trying to slide out of its bracket and I don't want to
destroy things too badly in my attempt to fix them so I didn't push too
hard.  Because of this, I don't even know the exact type of button cell
to buy to replace it.  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
-Andrew