CMOS battery replacement

Benjamin Deering ben_deering at jeepingben.net
Fri Dec 11 21:30:12 UTC 2015

The backup battery (supercap?) is welded to its bracket and
won't push out.

I replaced the backup batteries in my GTA02s with supercaps several
years ago.
http://www.jeepingben.net/zen/zenphoto/index.php?album=2010/freerunner_supercap_install

The parts I used didn't match the original footprint so it was a little
work.  If you get the exact replacement part, it would be easy if you
have soldering experience.

I vaguely remember a software problem causing the line that charges the
backup bat/cap not being set high.

Good luck,

Ben