qtMoko getting bad Network Time

Paul Wise pabs3 at bonedaddy.net
Tue Jan 6 02:39:35 CET 2015

On Mon, Jan 5, 2015 at 2:15 AM, Jorge wrote:

> I have a correctly set time & timezone (America/Montevideo), and when my
> qtMoko boots up, after connecting to the cellular network a weird dialog
> appears : "The network time is (GMT +34). Set this new time?". If I say No,
> everything keeps working. If I say Yes the timezone is changed to "GMT-34"
> and as expected the time is borked (00:00 1/1/1970).

34 hours past GMT sounds like your provider has a broken time server.
Usually GMT timezones are 0-12 hours before/after GMT and no further.
Of course QtMoko should probably handle such broken timezones by
ignoring them rather than breaking. Please file a bug about it on the
QtMoko bug reports page:

https://github.com/radekp/qtmoko/issues

--
bye,