OT: Ubuntu phone && HTML5 / QML

Ed Kapitein ed at kapitein.org
Mon Mar 16 08:58:59 UTC 2015

><SNIP><
> Interesting.
>
> Makes me curious why you both spend money on that one instead of e.g. the GTA04A5?
>
> Any answer is valid - and no need to be polite…
>
> I am just curious to understand how people think and decide such things in March 2015.
>
> BR,
> Nikolaus

Hi Nikolaus,

A couple of things made me decide to buy the ubuntu phone.

-1 The price. for me it is afordable at 170 euro vs +/- 600 euro for a
neo900 and slightly less for the GTA04A5

-2 The device is in "mass" production, compared to the volumes of GTA04
or neo900

-3 Development is done by a huge team, with a long track record in
development.

-4 Using old components from the GTA02 to build a GTA04 will get me a
"new" phone with and 8 year old screen, 8 year old battery, 8 year old
case etc.

But i really appreciate what all members from the gta02 community have
done in the past and are still doing today!

Big thanks from me.
Ed