OT: Ubuntu phone && HTML5 / QML

Neal H. Walfield neal at walfield.org
Mon Mar 16 12:40:52 UTC 2015

At Mon, 16 Mar 2015 10:43:51 +0100,
Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller wrote:
> For our community products we have: because 1, there is no 2 and because 2 there is no 1.
>
> What makes the difference? Some investor (Ubuntu) did cover the risk of
> buying the first set of thousands of eggs and was able to get the price down
> (higher quantity buyer).

My impression of the GTA04 marketing message is: the more people who
buy, the cheaper the phone will be!  Unfortunately, it hasn't been
very clear to me how much cheaper.  I suspect that the same is true
for other people, particularly those who are not following the project
as closely as I have.

If I knew that the GTA04 could be produced for 300 Euro if say, 2000,
were produced, that could help me convince other people.  Of course,
if someone is willing to buy today, they might not be willing to wait
a year.

One way around this is to use the strategy that kickstarter uses: only
fund it if a threshold is reached.

Just a thought...

:) Neal