greetings from the freecalypso project

mail at dmatthews.org mail at dmatthews.org
Mon Nov 16 17:01:16 UTC 2015

Please excuse touch of plug and slight bit of off-topic-ness, but just to let anyone here with interest in free (as in source code available) baseband firmware, that the freecalypso project is making strides.

Progressing on from the stable leo2moko release for the freerunner made some time ago, we are hopefully not too far away from offering a firmware compiled entirely from source code (remaining binary blobs removed) by GCC.

We are particularly excited with recent progress targeting the Motorola C139, very much a work in progress, but calls and SMS work and our firmware runs the GUI!

Make a glance at

https://www.freecalypso.org

and

https://www.freecalypso.org/howtos/