gta02 as gps/navigator (in 2016)

Radek Polak psonek2 at seznam.cz
Tue Jan 26 08:18:57 UTC 2016

On Monday 25 of January 2016 20:30:40 mail at dmatthews.org wrote:

> >qtmoko: still there? (even if I remember it was quite uncomfortable
running

> http://qtmoko.sourceforge.net/
>
> still there, but i think it's fair to say it's abandoned. The last versions
> were as good as it got on the freerunner IMO, but the main (pretty much
> single) developer got fed up with not having a decent kernel even after x
> years.

The 2.6.39 kernel is nearly perfect. It has some kind of very rare suspend
resume bug, but for navigation it's not problem.

QtMoko has NeronGPS - native Qt and very nice app and also native
version of navit:

http://qtmoko.sourceforge.net/apps/qtmoko-navit.html

You can launch TangoGPS and other X apps via QX application.

My Freerunner has no longer working GPS, so i am not using it nowadays at
all.

Regards

Radek