latest Openmoko/GTA04 tinkering: wireless charger

Sebastian Reinhardt snr at lmv-hartmannsdorf.de
Sun Jan 1 17:58:39 UTC 2017

Am 31.12.2016 um 17:30 schrieb H. Nikolaus Schaller:
> Hi,
> I spent some time to develop a Qi charger for the GTA01/02/04 devices
> and here its is:
>
> 	https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LsSdDYHx7d4
>
> Enjoy and happy new year,
> Nikolaus

Cool! This is an cool feature most other phones did not offer!

But I prefer an "internal" solution to preserve the USB-port. Is it
possible to use this pcb to insert it to the place there the additional
sensor-/ navigation- board was installed in GTA02- version?

Then we can connect it with the RS232- pins, as You proposed before? The
only problem left is, we need a solution for the antenna/ coil. Maybe we
can use an little bit thicker back-/ battery-cover made by an 3D-printer
(like an modified cover based on "slyon's")?

Go on!

My wishes for 2017:

- lets make QtMoKo working complete with exiting hardware (incl. camera,
bluetooth,....) and Debian packages

- maybe an Replicant with complete support

- 2018: GTA06 (complete new hardware, to get rid of limitations like
obsolete hardware......) with sunlight-readable display, new LTE/GSM-hw,
Qi-receiver, ......

Happy new year for all "Moko"'er's

--
Kind regards