moko13 firmware

H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Wed Oct 11 07:41:40 UTC 2017

> Am 11.10.2017 um 09:26 schrieb Mychaela Falconia <mychaela.falconia at gmail.com>:
>
> H. Nikolaus Schaller <hns at goldelico.com> wrote:
>
>> So let merephrase: how do you think to get someone pay for it?
>
> By spreading the message as far and wide as I can that making new
> Calypso phones and modems (be they GTA02 clones or semi-clones, or my
> proposed Libre Dumbphone, or my proposed FC modem in SMT module form
> factor) IS possible, and that there is a small company able and ready
> to do the job given the necessary funding.

Well, with necessary funding Goldelico would be mass producing a GTA17 this
year which would beat the latest iPhones and alike in quality, user-experience,
functionality and openness.

If we get enough funding, we can even get proper FCC/CE certification and
modify the standards so that a free&open modem can be certified. It is
all just a matter of getting a big enough budget...

Unfortunately, free&open is contradicting big-budget. Like Heisenberg's
uncertainty principle.

>  I shall keep spreading
> this message far and wide until it reaches the ears of someone who
> sees the idea as a positive and who has the needed money.

In that case, please convince him/her to spend money for more important
things. Like fighting diseases (incl. dictatorship and nationalism) and
rescuing endangered species (like homo sapiens).