moko13 firmware

Mychaela Falconia mychaela.falconia at gmail.com
Wed Oct 11 08:15:25 UTC 2017

H. Nikolaus Schaller <hns at goldelico.com> wrote:

> Well, with necessary funding Goldelico would be mass producing a GTA17
> this year which would beat the latest iPhones and alike in quality,
> user-experience, functionality and openness.

The amount of funding I would need in order to turn my post-FCDEV3B hw
ideas into reality would be far less than what you would need for what
you just described.  Specifically, I would only need about 2 kUSD to
finish some work on FCDEV3B which needs to be finished before any
follow-up FreeCalypso hw project can be started (I'll cover this part
myself in a few months after I'm done with the current round of family
expenses), and then another 10 kUSD to do any one of the following:

Option 1: reverse-eng the PCB layout of BenQ's M32 module (historical
Calypso-based) and make a FreeCalypso modem module in the same SMT
form factor.

Option 2: for the FreeCalypso Libre Dumbphone idea, produce a bare
board with the functionality of this dumbphone, i.e., a dumbphone sans
case, allowing ad hoc wooden cases and such.

Option 3: produce a clone of OM's GTA02 motherboard (either verbatim
or with changes like Glamo-ectomy), bare, no case, no WLAN/BT add-ons,
plus new Toppoly displays from Alibaba.

Whoever donates the needed 10 kUSD gets to pick which of the above 3
options is to be done.  I cannot guarantee that each of the 3 can be
fully done to the finish line for that 10 kUSD, but 10 kUSD is all I
would need to get the ball rolling, and it would get more than 50% of
the job done.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I get the impression that for your
ideas you would need a lot more than 10 kUSD.

M~