python/itertools module not in repository?

Tomasz Melcer liori at
Sun Aug 3 16:13:52 CEST 2008

I've just installed "python" package and tried to do some development, but I
noticed there is no "itertools" module:

root at om-gta02:~# python -c 'import itertools'
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
ImportError: No module named itertools

I also checked "python-misc". Other packages seem to be unrelated to
itertools too. 'itertools' module is normally found in the standard python
library, and it is pretty important to my code. Where to get this module? I
am using official and scaredycats repositories.

Tomasz Melcer
Sent from the Openmoko Devel mailing list archive at