USB host mode with HSPA Stick.

Andy Green andy at
Mon Aug 4 10:23:04 CEST 2008

| Hi,
| today i tested the host mode of my freerunner gta02.
| It works fine but most kernel modules missing to do usefull things.

Yeah, sorry.  I will ask separately for all modules to be packaged with
kernel package.

| My usb-bluetooth stick recognized sucessfully so i have 2 hci devices :-)

Nice :-)

| Aug  2 23:31:51 om-gta02 user.notice kernel: scsi 0:0:0:0:
| CD-ROM            Novatel  Mass Storage     1.00 PQ: 0 ANSI: 2
| ok on my desktop i have to eject the scsi device and afterwards the
| stick register a usb-serial adapter automatically.
| My problem here is that my openmoko do not make a device for the scsi0.
| And i am not able to eject this.

I have a similarly set up device, a 3G dongle, that exports a CD ROM
interface and ACM ttys.  I had the same experience as you, despite I
confirmed I had the right drivers in compared to what is modprobed on a
desktop device, it didn't act right on USB storage part and did not
create ttyACM*.

- -Andy
Version: GnuPG v1.4.9 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Fedora -