Kernel package and modules

Graeme Gregory graeme at openmoko.org
Mon Aug 4 11:00:26 CEST 2008

On Mon, 04 Aug 2008 09:43:56 +0100
Andy Green <andy at openmoko.com> wrote:

> proposal? | |>
> | | Or we could just RRECOMEND kernel-modules which will drag in all
> | | modules. See we are ahead.
> |
> | What is "kernel-modules" then, a metapackage for all modules?
> |
> | I can't "see we are ahead" if nobody tells me what is happening.
>
> Assuming this is so, why do we generate a bazillion pointless module
> packages still if having the kernel package brings 'em all in anyway,
> and they will ALL be regenerated at each kernel package uplevel?
>
> How is that "ahead" of just making a single kernel package that has
> the modules in too?

I guess the GTA01 is forgotten already.

Ive already got people asking me if we have actually just forgotten the
device ever existed at all. That device doesn't have the ton of flash we
have now.

So if we continue to keep insisting we have plenty of flash we will
have to announce to community that GTA01 support is ended.

Graeme