Illume multitap keyboard

Simon Kagstrom simon.kagstrom at
Mon Aug 4 17:54:03 CEST 2008

I'm browsing the source code for illume and I have some alternative
keyboard layouts that I'd like to test. In particular, some phones have
a 5x4 keyboard layout which basically maps to keys "in pairs" (i.e.,
QW, ER, ...). I'd like to experiment with this layout for the

Creating the wanted keyboard layout was very simple - just editing a
configuration file. However, one thing I'm wondering about is multitap
support in illume, which I'd need at first at least. I don't see
anything like this in the current sources. Is this in the plans to add?

// Simon