Kernel package and modules

Werner Almesberger werner at openmoko.org
Tue Aug 5 09:23:28 CEST 2008

Andy Green wrote:
> It's viable, AIUI it is what we have done :-)

That's cheating - we know that all your data lives on SD anyway ;-)

> In this thread Graeme explained:

Hmm, I'm not sure what is OE and what is opkg here. OE determines
what gets built while opkg determines what gets installed. I thought
he was talking about OE, so there it would make perfect sense if a
new kernel caused all modules up be updated. But that doesn't mean
that also all of them should be installed.

Let's wait for some clarification on this.

- Werner