Illume multitap keyboard

Simon Kagstrom simon.kagstrom at gmail.com
Tue Aug 5 09:33:42 CEST 2008

On Tue, 5 Aug 2008 08:27:19 +1000
Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman) <raster at openmoko.org> wrote:

> as such - with fuzzy matching (dictionary lookup), if you have this:
> [A B] [C D] [E F]
> [G H] [I J] [K L]
>
> on a touchscreen - it is in fact inferior to:
> [A] [B] [C] [D] [E] [F]
>
> why? well if you press your finger exactly in the middle between A
> and B - the dictionary lookup (think of it as t-9, but it's not)
> covers both A and B as possibilities.

OK, then I had misunderstood how the dictionary lookup really works. In
that case I agree that the current implementation is better.

However, is the dictionary-based lookup enabled in the FSO image? I've
tried the keyboard a bit there, but I don't see the effect described
above with words in plain english.

// Simon