nfs on ASU

Alex Kavanagh alex at
Tue Aug 5 11:44:16 CEST 2008

Andy Green wrote, On 05/08/08 10:15:
> | Hello all,
> | It seems that nfs filesystem is not enabled on ASU image. If I type :
> | less /proc/filesystems
> | I don't see it.
> |
> | Is there a way to enable it ? Which file should I modify to build the
> | image with nfs support ?
> What workflow are you trying to achieve with NFS?  Unless you're
> changing large files a lot, scp to NAND or SD Card works well.
> If you need to use it, you'll need to use a custom kernel config with
> various options down File Systems | Network File Systems in menuconfig.
I find sshfs (ssh fuse filesystem) works really well when I want to
mount the FR's file-system to a mount point.  Still, this makes the
assumption that it's on Linux ...

to mount:
$ sshfs moko:/ mount-point
$ sshfs root at mount-point

to umount:
$ fusermount -u mount-point

(assumes  ~/.ssh/config is set with Host moko,  Hostname and User as root.)

Not sure if this helps!