Illume multitap keyboard

Clare claregj at
Wed Aug 6 00:31:32 CEST 2008

On Tue, Aug 5, 2008 at 9:14 PM, The Rasterman Carsten Haitzler
<raster at> wrote:
> On Tue, 5 Aug 2008 13:04:04 +0000 Clare <claregj at> babbled:

>> If this means adding prediction to the keyboard in FSO, it is to me a
>> pity. Hopefully it will
>> be configurable. Also hopefully configurable the jumping up of
>> enlarged letters rather than

>> bolding them, and even more desirable to be able to make it black
>> letters on a white ground.
> not prediction - correction. it wont complete the word for you, but it will
> correct your typing based on key proximity and dictionary matching. as
> discussed before -

(very interesting explanation snipped) I probably got the above wrong;
although the Subject was multitap the references to FSO
made me think the fancy keyboard in there was now
under discussion. I did go looking for an uptodate ASU image but
they seemed (and still seem) to have vanished.

>> In its current form it is beautiful to look at but very hard to see
>> where the pointer is in a poor light.
> pointer?

sorry i should have said "stylus".  Looks as though fingers were in
your mind. I hope this does not mean that
FSO will be restricted to  multitap in future.

While I was looking for a source of a new SIM for Freerunner,
I could not help noticing that the more expensive phones had
full qwerty keyboards.
And I saw I girl in the train with an iPhone with qwerty keyboard and
letters jumping up. (cant quickly find much on this. Here is something:
which horrified me.
Maybe the ordinary qwerty key layout at least is still marketable.

(who is almost happy with the keyboard in FSO2)