Problem using compiled kernel modules

Timo Drick timo at drick.de
Wed Aug 6 03:38:29 CEST 2008

Hi,

i have to compile some kernel modules on my own because they are not in
distribution.
Following modules i need:
udf,compat_ioctl32,v4l1-compat,v4l2-common,v4l2-int-device,videodev
And external kernel module uvcvideo (I compiled the modules using the
kernel in git. I am not sure which version this is but if i load the
modules on the phone following error message is thrown:
version magic '2.6.24 preempt mod_unload ARMv5 ' should be '2.6.24
preempt mod_unload ARMv4

Do i have to use an older kernel version or do i have to upgrade my
kernel on the phone?
I use the FSO (milestone 2) image. I think the kernel is relative new.

regards Timo