alsacontrol / mixer applet

William Vidrine wvidrine at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 7 05:21:44 CEST 2008

Hello! I've been lurking here and on the Wiki, and I have a sound issue I can't resolve. (OM2007.2 upgraded regularly)

I currently get no sound through speakers in a call, and no sound is sent from my phone. It used to work, but changed sometime around July 28th, probably after I tried to follow the Wiki and store .state files.
Ringer and mediaplayer play very softly through the speakers, but calls are silent.

If I mute "Amp Spkr", then the ringer is loud in headphones, but still no voices with headphones either.

Can anyone help me restore sane values? Perhaps some default .state files, or maybe a better explanation of which settings affect which components and how the .state files interact?

Thanks!

William