L10N, where to get sources
zecke at openmoko.org
Thu Aug 7 23:48:38 CEST 2008
On Thursday 07 August 2008 17:01:15 Evgeny Ginzburg wrote:
> Hello all
> I'm interested in L10N for Freerunner (can translate to Russian & Hebrew)
> The primary problem to me is to get sources of all Openmoko related progs.
Cool. There is no common infrastructure for this yet. We could consider using
something like rosetta of ubuntu/canonical, a free translation project.
I think the status for the parts:
- 2007.2 and FSO will use gettext (.po) but might not be aware of l10n (the
usual errors when starting to think about i18n/l10n)
- I assume EFL/E17/illume uses gettext as well
- Qtopia/Qt has it's own format and tools (linguist)
Would you be interested in heading a i18n/l10n group? This would include:
- Picking infrastructure to get translators the strings
- Picking on devs not using gettext and pointing them to docu and how to
rewrite the strings to be translatable
I can help you to get .po and .ts files for ASU, but we should do it in a
systematic way so we can do this reliable and also taking upstream projects
like enlightenment into account.
More information about the devel