OM-Installer is going to release

Tick Chen tick at openmoko.com
Fri Aug 8 08:02:47 CEST 2008

Hi Hughsie,
  I am very glad to say that the OM-Installer (Assassin as the internal
project name you know before) in which talk with packagekit through DBus,
is going to release at today 2008.8.8 with Om2008.8 release.
I want to praise your amazing project and thank to Thomas great work.
Thank you.

  The Wiki page of OM-Installer is on
http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Om2008.8_Installer.

  In order to prepare release, I stop pulling from upstream since
813fa8cfb139246cf180d52895b52b28616ae2f5 At 2008, Jun 6th. In this days
I had created some patches and put them into our own build system. Some of them
are just for our own features. For general issues such memory leaks, I
just cherry-picked to the upstream.

  In OM-Installer we create a set of functions that talk to packagekitd
through dbus via EDBus, and I think this park actually can be a bridge
that introduce Packagekit to ecore_main_loop. For libpackagekit use the
event system of GMainLoop. If you want, I can divide this part into
library to packagekit for EFL support.

  I had chat with your about repository ping issues, I didn't put them
into upstream, because of I don't think it is elegant to put them on
pk_engine_get_network_state. I believe you will come up a better place
to put this feature.

  The attaches file are patches and bb file in our build system (OpenEmbedded).
Recently with largly testing, I found that packagekit may (seldom) call the wrong
callback function after a large amount request. I am not knowing if this
is an known issues nor a solved issues. Except this issue, packagekit
runs perfectly on our Neo.  :-)

Cheers,
Tick