Om 2008.8: no gsm

Harald Koenig koenig at
Fri Aug 8 17:26:14 CEST 2008

using the new Om 2008.8 image GSM doesn't seem to work for me:

there was no querry for the pin, dialer says "phone is not registered, no network"

what to check, how to start registering the phone ?
this did work fine with 2007.2 and FSU before with my sim card.

"I hope to die                                      ___       _____
before I *have* to use Microsoft Word.",           0--,|    /OOOOOOO\
Donald E. Knuth, 02-Oct-2001 in Tuebingen.        <_/  /  /OOOOOOOOOOO\
                                                    \  \/OOOOOOOOOOOOOOO\
                                                      \ OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO|//
Harald Koenig                                           //  /     \\  \
koenig at                     ^^^^^       ^^^^^