Om20088.8: packagekitd vs. opkg ?

Tick Chen tick at openmoko.com
Fri Aug 8 17:44:05 CEST 2008

Hi Harald,
  Libopkg will only allow one process works for metadata synchronize issues.
Packagekitd will be launched automatically by installer, and terminated
after 5 mins without any requests. (Generally speaking 5 mins after
terminate Installer)
If you want to use opkg and packagekitd is still running.
You can just killall packagekitd if you are sure it is not
installing/upgrading/removing/refreshing.

There is an easy command-line tools using packagekit: pkcon.
You can use that talk with packagekitd through DBus.
Of course,you can also use dbus-send. :)

Cheers,
Tick