tips for debugging openmoko userland applications?
Timo Juhani Lindfors
timo.lindfors at iki.fi
Sat Aug 9 15:45:32 CEST 2008
I built org.openmoko.dev using mokomakefile. Can you suggest me a nice
way to debug applications on the phone? My first idea is
1) (Re)compile application of interest with -O0 -g
2) strip debugging symbols from the copy that is sent to openmoko to
save space. Keep debugging symbols on PC.
3) run gdbserver on openmoko
4) run arm-elf-gdb on PC and connect it to gdbserver on the phone.
5) give arm-elf-gdb path to sources and debugging symbols
6) do this all under the wonderful GUD (grand unified debugger) mode
of emacs ;-)
Does this sound like a viable path? I'd love to hear how you usually
do debugging on openmoko. (I'd add best bits to wiki too.)
More information about the devel