installer 2008.8 suggestion and question

William Lai will at openmoko.com
Sun Aug 10 00:29:53 CEST 2008

Yorick Moko wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm wondering if there is a reason why the installer is not displayed
> as an icon like any other normal application?
> I use double tap to start a program and I almost never launch a
> program by accident, but when scrolling it happens quite frequently
> that I accidently hit the installer-bar.Quite frankly I also don't
> like the fact that it takes up much screen real estate.

We consider the Installer as part of the main system, not just an
application. Future public builds will have the installer button only,
where customizing your device becomes entirely installation centric.

You would have to install your

dialer
contacts
messages
keyboard(s)

of preference.

> I'm not going to rant about the keyboard, you all know that one :)

Thanks, you're too kind.

-

Will