[om2008.8] Testing packages for Qtopia

Holger Freyther zecke at openmoko.org
Tue Aug 12 19:38:20 CEST 2008

On Tuesday 12 August 2008 17:31:48 you wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 12, 2008 at 05:22:11PM +0200, Holger Freyther wrote:
> > Two solutions:
> > 	- Send a command that does not generate a response. Mickeyl found one
> > and is happily using that for the TI Calypso in ogsmd and I copied that
> > now.
>
> This sounds really strange - Wouldnt it make more sense to send an AT^M
> every 50-100ms until you get an OK. By then you know the module is
> reachable.

This would make things worse. When would one know that a command is timed out
and really lost and needs to be reissued, when do one know that you have
every OK one should have gotten? This would also add a lot of latency on
answering a phone call. So, yes it would be possible, require to write a lot
of code to make it bullet proof and can be totally be avoided by sending
something that will never ever generate a response and will always wake the
modem up.

z.