git service seems to be down

Joachim Steiger roh at
Thu Aug 14 07:17:01 CEST 2008

Yaroslav Halchenko wrote:
> Trying to fetch fresh changes but
> *$> git fetch
>[0:]: errno=Connection refused
> fatal: unable to connect a socket (Connection refused)

sorry bout that, restarted it and it was fine again

> although host itself is pingable, thus I think it is just that the git
> deamon died?

nope.. still running, and also bound the the port.

> P.S. just 1 cent: I somewhat like cfengine to overlook after the hosts I
> need to administer. It has one of the configurations 'processes' where
> you can specify the action to take if some given process is not found in
> the needed quantity ;)

it runs in runsv, means i dunno how to get it dead without using 'sv' or
kill runsv ;)

pretty reliable. only doesnt help if it seems an application error of
some kind

please report bugs with down services of any kind via

that way all our admins know something is down and can coordinate the S&R.

kind regards

Joachim Steiger
Openmoko Central Services