autotools package in svn

Stefan Schmidt stefan at openmoko.org
Sun Aug 17 22:29:59 CEST 2008

Hello.

On Sun, 2008-08-17 at 13:02, Brad Pitcher wrote:
> This might be a silly question, so sorry about that.  I was just working
> on a program which is managed with autotools and I was wondering, is it
> appropriate to include all the files that get generated (configure,
> makefile, etc.) into svn?  Or, is it better practice to only include the
> file necessary to generate the others?

Only include the files that are needed to generate the others. Normally that
should be autogen.sh, configure.ac and a Makefile.am in every subdir.

The generated files may be not suited for the person who checks out your code to
work on. Missing libraries, other architecture, etc.

regards
Stefan Schmidt