Openmoko Bug #1315: xglamo: Performance decreases after a while

Openmoko Public Trac bugs at
Mon Aug 18 01:25:42 CEST 2008

#1315: xglamo: Performance decreases after a while
    Reporter:  zecke at        |        Owner:  openmoko-devel
        Type:  defect                   |       Status:  new
Reproducible:                           |     Blocking:

Comment(by zecke):

 Small temporary summary:
    - We see Xglamo busy waiting for the command queue to empty but have no
 idea why
    - There is #1066 but I could not find much trace inside the glamo docu
 abut it
    - We know that the kernel might enable/disable engines and cmd queue
 without Xglamo knowing that.

    - Find out if #1066 is the case and adjust Xglamo to wait for the queue
 to empty if there is something else queued

    - Share implementation with the kernel... provide ioctl's for certain
 operation to make sure that Xglamo and kernel agree... this is on my list

    - Any testing will be quite hard without really understanding the issue
 (indeed a manageable cmd-queue log would come in handy). Maybe I will
 prepare patches for that first.