Openmoko Bug #1835: A better fix for host endianness of dfu-util

Openmoko Public Trac bugs at
Mon Aug 18 06:48:28 CEST 2008

#1835: A better fix for host endianness of dfu-util
 Reporter:  wiml            |          Owner:  openmoko-devel
     Type:  defect          |         Status:  new
Component:  host utilities  |        Version:
 Severity:  normal          |       Keywords:
Blockedby:                  |   Reproducible:  always
 Blocking:                  |
 The byte-swapping code in dfu-util depends on some nonportable system
 headers. Rather than extend autoconf to check more and more systems'
 headers, I just wrote a portable byteswap routine. (Since the routine is
 only called once per run of dfu-util, it hardly needs an optimized
 assembly implementation.) A patch is attached. I can upload and download
 updates fine from my (big-endian ppc) host.