ALSA scenario for using VoIP

Russell Bryant russell at russellbryant.net
Tue Aug 19 15:47:13 CEST 2008

Greetings,

I'm looking for the proper ALSA settings that would be used when
making a Voice over IP call.  I'm currently playing with the idea of
using Asterisk as the VoIP stack for the platform.  I can make calls
using one of the VoIP protocols that Asterisk supports and audio
output works just fine.  What I haven't figured out yet is out to get
proper access to input from the mic.

I saw this referenced in a previous thread:

http://git.openmoko.org/?p=system-test-suite.git;a=tree;f=gta02-dm2/data;h=7dee879fc6f4bfc88ad8e66a84b34276a6de6a90;hb=HEAD

I see a voip-handset.state and voip-headset.state.  However, they
appear to be for the gta01.  Are there versions of these floating
around that are for the gta02?

--
Russell Bryant