How to fix the 25 second timeout in mdbus ??

Neil Brown neilb at suse.de
Wed Aug 20 14:57:44 CEST 2008

Hi,
 I've been playing with using mdbus to talk to the GSM device.  Fun!

I tried:

  mdbus -s org.freesmartphone.ogsmd /org/freesmartphone/GSM/Device org.freesmartphone.GSM.Network.ListProviders

to get a list of all provides.  This takes about 50 seconds and the
timeout in ogsmd is 80 seconds which all seems to be working OK.

But mdbus seems to impose it's own timeout of 25 seconds.  So I never
get a valid response.

This line in the strace

22:55:36 poll([{fd=3, events=POLLIN}], 1, 25000) = 0

makes it clear that mdbus is imposing the timeout, but I cannot find
the '25' anywhere, either in mdbus itself on in the dbus libraries.

Hints?

Thanks,
NeilBrown