Projects hosted at projects.openmoko.org

Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman) raster at openmoko.org
Fri Aug 22 07:25:11 CEST 2008

On Fri, 22 Aug 2008 07:15:45 +0200 Joachim Steiger <roh at openmoko.org> babbled:

> Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman) wrote:
> > no idea. i know roh wants to see it dead and i think wolfgang etc. seem to
> > agree its a hassle and om wants to use other places to host projects.
>
> i want to keep the service, but i am not stringent about software.

hmm well last i heard goole code etc. were being bandied about as "use the
enemy's tools against them" i think the quote was or so.

> my 'wish platform' would be something which iss less 'bitchy' and more
> easy to work with, but thats more a question of choice of tools than of
> intent ;)
> also 'migrating' is always aeons more complicated than just 'making new' ;)

yeah. i don't see it's the job of you or om to go migrate. if users want their
stuff somewhere else - their business.

> > as such i'd say its the job of the respective project owners to move stuff
> > away. i've done mine already :)
>
> if you do that, please send us a mail or open us a ticket in admin-trac
> so we can delete the project for good (and make sure there are no old
> piles of code of misleading stubs laying around.

it's easier for us to support ourselves on e's svn - also illume is very
closely tied to e's code so it makes more sense there. at least every time ssh
+svn stops working i dont have to go find you and wait for it to be fixed so i
can commit again :)