Openmoko Bug #1864: Keyboard needs to have a non-predictive mode

Openmoko Public Trac bugs at
Tue Aug 26 16:12:33 CEST 2008

#1864: Keyboard needs to have a non-predictive mode
    Reporter:  iknowjoseph                   |        Owner:  openmoko-devel
        Type:  defect                        |       Status:  new
Reproducible:  always                        |     Blocking:

Comment(by iknowjoseph):

 This is true, and I have successfully used this mode to enter data.
 However, the extra time it takes to enter characters in this non-
 predictive mode penalises the user for not using the OM default. I can,
 for example, put my SonyEricsson keyboard into non-predictive mode, and
 enter characters without holding the key down for longer than I need to
 when in predictive mode.

 "Holding down" a displayed key on a touch screen is also very unintuitive.

 IMHO this defect is still valid.