Openmoko Bug #1864: Keyboard needs to have a non-predictive mode

Openmoko Public Trac bugs at
Tue Aug 26 17:02:20 CEST 2008

#1864: Keyboard needs to have a non-predictive mode
    Reporter:  iknowjoseph                   |        Owner:  openmoko-devel
        Type:  defect                        |       Status:  closed
Reproducible:  always                        |     Blocking:

Comment(by iknowjoseph):

 Replying to [comment:9 zecke]:
 > I believe that just turning off the prediction will not help anyone.

 On this point then we disagree. I have no problem with the spacing of the
 keys on the keyboard, but if I hit "w" three times I end up with "was". If
 I could turn off the predictive input I could have "www" as planned; the
 keyboard is otherwise quite usable and very attractive.

 My current SonyEricsson uses a regular physical keypad with a predictive-
 and non-predictive text mode. Selecting the non-predictive mode allows me
 to insert characters without holding the button down for an extended
 period of time.

 I am reluctant to reopen the bug if it's simply going to become another
 "works for me" issue.