which updates for Om 2008.8 ? - Was: Re: Repository and Images

Olivier Berger oberger at ouvaton.org
Tue Aug 26 22:53:01 CEST 2008

Julian Chu <julian_chu at openmoko.com> writes:

> Hi Community,
>
>    As I mentioned in the previous mail[1] , we did some works.
>
>    [1]:http://lists.openmoko.org/pipermail/community/2008-August/026491.html

Thanks for this update.

>    *) A new 2008.8 stable image
>
>       Holger did some changes in ASU-stable branch. We built it and put on
>       downloads.openmoko.org.[2]
>
>       [2]http://downloads.openmoko.org/releases/Om2008.8-update/
>
>       Oh, it's daily build.
>
>    *) The repository of 2008.8
>       After the building process complete, we also sync the repository[3]
>       People can upgrade from there.
>
>       [3] http://downloads.openmoko.org/repository/Om2008.8/

I think I don't understand very well the situation... and need some
clarification concerning updates from the initial 2008.8 image :

Is this [3] repository supposed to bring updates over the first 2008.8
stable image ? (It seems it was already there in my opkg config having
used this feed already over the 2008.8 install ..., and nothing seems
updated so far when doing opkg update; opkg -test upgrade)