python-pygame recipe not working

Guillaume Chereau charlie at openmoko.org
Wed Aug 27 08:39:52 CEST 2008

Hello,

I experienced a few problems with the python-pygame recipe.

First in the current org.openmoko.dev version the staging is not done,
(the header file 'pygame/pygame.h' can't be found in the staging
directory).

Then I tried with the version from org.openembedded.dev, with mickey
modifs.
Here the staging works, but there is an other problem :
Not all the files are installed in the package (all the *.so files are
missing)

Finally, in both cases, after I build of the recipe, `pkg-config --libs
--cflags sdl` doesn't yield the correct paths. On my computer I get :

-D_GNU_SOURCE=1 -D_REENTRANT -I/home/charlie/Work/moko/build/tmp/staging/arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/home/charlie/Work/moko/build/tmp/staging/i686-linux/usr/include/SDL  -Wl,-rpath,/home/charlie/Work/moko/build/tmp/staging/i686-linux/usr/lib -L/home/charlie/Work/moko/build/tmp/staging/arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/home/charlie/Work/moko/build/tmp/staging/i686-linux/usr/lib -lSDL -lpthread

That is :
/home/charlie/Work/moko/build/tmp/staging/arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/
and
/home/charlie/Work/moko/build/tmp/staging/i686-linux/usr/include/SDL
have been merged together as a single long path.

Unfortunately, I can't try any other things for the moment, since for
some reason, when I try to rebuild python-pygame from scratch (bitbake
-c clean python-pygame && bitbake -c rebuild python-pygame), bitbake
decides to rebuild the toolchain (do i do something wrong ?) So I have
to wait for hours to test.

Could someone have a look at this please ? To make sure the recipe is
correct we can check that all the .so files get into the packages AND
the pygame/pygame.h is put into the staging include dir.

regards,
Charlie