Obtaining kernel source (used to be : Re: Openmoko Bug #1841: white screen of death (WSOD) after resume)

Visti Andresen talpa at talpa.dk
Sun Aug 31 18:20:10 CEST 2008

>There's some wrong assumptions there, we binned svn for kernel work and
>use git for many months.  There's tons of stuff happened to glamo
>since then in the kernel.
So the entire kernel including patches is obtained though git?

And the instructions on:
are deprecated?

I'm a complete git noob and a "fan" of svn, but the following is the
procedure for "checking out" a patched kernel?

git clone git://git.openmoko.org/git/kernel.git linux-2.6
cd linux-2.6
git checkout origin/andy

At least it yields a kernel source with a "defconfig-gta01" (and
If this is indeed the proper way of obtaining the
kernel source I will update the wiki.