Openmoko Bug #1841: white screen of death (WSOD) after resume

Openmoko Public Trac bugs at
Thu Dec 4 22:50:33 CET 2008

#1841: white screen of death (WSOD) after resume
 Reporter:  Rorschach  |          Owner:  openmoko-devel
     Type:  defect     |         Status:  new
Component:  unknown    |        Version:  GTA02v5
 Severity:  critical   |       Keywords:  wsod,resume
 Haspatch:  0          |      Blockedby:
Estimated:             |    Patchreview:
 Blocking:             |   Reproducible:  always

Comment(by andy):

 If you want to refine the patch it's very welcome.  But I think
 differentiating in userspace between devices that have WSOD issue
 sometimes and those that don't is probably too far.

 One thing, I rebased most of the patch on to stable-tracking, and it's
 quite badly broken.  The LCM goes crazy with dynamic lines all over the
 display mostly obscuring it.  Can you see what's broken about that rebased

 Patched file;a=blob;f=drivers/video/display/jbt6k74.c;h=976d99230472855649921339a723bfd60cc66c2e;hb=8e318ae8cab52b85323a36ac7808bf33e7a98797