Unable to compile the Koolu Android Sources

PL Ramanathan pl_ram2003 at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 8 16:13:14 CET 2008

Hi All,

I followed the steps for getting the Android kernel,
(installed git, repo) but I am facing the following issue:

 $repo init -u git://git.koolu.org/freerunner/platform/manifest.git
Getting repo ...
   from git://android.kernel.org/tools/repo.git
fatal: Unable to look up android.kernel.org (port 9418) (Name or
service not known)

Dont know how to fix the error. Can anybody please help?
Sorry if it sounds silly. I dont get a help for this anywhere.
May be i m missing something preliminary.

Thanks,
Ram.