Unable to compile the Koolu Android Sources

Jim Ancona jim at anconafamily.com
Mon Dec 8 17:18:40 CET 2008

Hi Ram,

PL Ramanathan wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I followed the steps for getting the Android kernel,
> (installed git, repo) but I am facing the following issue:
>
>  $repo init -u git://git.koolu.org/freerunner/platform/manifest.git
> Getting repo ...
>    from git://android.kernel.org/tools/repo.git
> fatal: Unable to look up android.kernel.org (port 9418) (Name or
> service not known)
>
> Dont know how to fix the error. Can anybody please help?
> Sorry if it sounds silly. I dont get a help for this anywhere.
> May be i m missing something preliminary.

I'm sure I've seen this error message before, but I can't remember what
I did to resolve it. A quick Google reveals that this can be caused by
http proxy problems. See this thread:

http://groups.google.com/group/android-platform/browse_thread/thread/1e082b3c4a9d85ca

You might also want to try downloading the latest version of repo, as
described here:

http://source.android.com/download#TOC-Installing-Repo

I vaguely remember that that may have fixed it for me.

Jim