SDL_mixer plays wav+ogg+mid, mp3 do not work.

Aapo Rantalainen aapo.rantalainen at gmail.com
Fri Dec 12 13:00:37 CET 2008

I tested SDL_mixer on my freerunner. It can play ogg, mp3, wav and mid
files. http://www.libsdl.org/projects/SDL_mixer/

I made simple application, and it works perfect my computer. I
cross-compile it and drop my freerunner.
Source:
http://www.cs.helsinki.fi/u/rantalai/freerunner/mixer/

Result on freerunner (FDOM)
-It can play ogg and wav files.
-It can't play Mp3 files. (even I have libsmpeg-0.4-0 installed).
-It can play mid files (with this untarred in same directory
http://www.libsdl.org/projects/SDL_mixer/timidity/timidity.tar.gz).

1) Is there better solution to play mid-files? (Or is this the official way?)
2) Why mp3 didn't play?
3) When I use SDL_mixer on game, the ogg-playing is too heavy and
sounds crappy. What can I do for it?

-Aapo Rantalainen