SDL_mixer plays wav+ogg+mid, mp3 do not work.

Aapo Rantalainen aapo.rantalainen at gmail.com
Fri Dec 12 16:20:39 CET 2008

>> 2) Why mp3 didn't play?
> Probably because you need to use a mad based decoder, the float based
> ones take too much CPU.
Mp3 didn't play at all, it says "Module format not recognized"
I have package libmad0 installed.
Do this mean I can't play mp3-files with SDL?

>> 3) When I use SDL_mixer on game, the ogg-playing is too heavy and
>> sounds crappy. What can I do for it?
> You need to use a tremor based ogg codec, otherwise you have the same
> problem with floats as mp3.
I think ' libvorbisidec1 ' is the name of tremor based library on
moko. (installed)

Do this all mean that SDL_mixer is totally wrong way to play music in
games on Moko?
(This is still my first succes to play midi-files on moko)

-Aapo Rantalainen