[debian/zhone] zhone development

Joachim Breitner nomeata at debian.org
Sun Dec 14 01:15:25 CET 2008

Am Donnerstag, den 11.12.2008, 22:47 +0100 schrieb Boštjan Jerko:
> What is the best way to hack zhone?
> I wanted to somehow install it localy (or in qemu emulator) but now I
> wonder if it's better idea to just develop zhone over ssh.
> Any thougts on the subject of python development for FR?

sorry for the late answer, I’m a bit behind the mailing lists.

Yes, the quickest and easiest way is to ssh on the machine and
edit /usr/bin/zhone (or use a graphical editor on your machien that can
edit scp:// urls, such as vim or probably the GNOME/KDE programs). When
you made a change that you didn’t like, you just re-install the zhone
package. If you did like the change, copy your file somewhere, as it
will overridden with the next zhone package upgrade.

Joachim "nomeata" Breitner
Debian Developer