Xorg glamo update

Graeme Gregory graeme at openmoko.org
Mon Dec 15 18:02:36 CET 2008

Hi, small update just to let you guys know what I am doing.

I spent some time investigating Kernel Mode Switching. I definitely
think this is the direction glamo driver should go in the future and
ties in with any possible OpenGL/ES work. But at the moment seems to be
spread over a confusing number of git repos. So I hope it hits the
kernel soon with some documentation.

I am now starting to port the EXA code from kdrive to Xorg glamo.
Luckilly it looks like EXA is fairly constant in the two codebases so
most will be remove kdriveisms and replacing with Xorgisms.

I have stopped trying to made randr work as I am still lost with it. I
hope maybe some inspiration comes while I work on the EXA stuff.

Oh and finally OE/Ångström got some updates to input drivers to better
support evdev devices and joysticks.

Graeme