status of projects.openmoko.org

Yaroslav Halchenko site-openmoko.org at onerussian.com
Tue Dec 16 06:04:44 CET 2008

wow -- I did not know that maintaining GForge portal is a difficult and
duty -- is it too buggy? may be it is worth sending bug reports to
upstream or within respective distribution running on the box?

I know quite a few success stories (e.g. http://alioth.debian.org/) of
using gforge just to serve as a good single point of entry for
collaborative development, and it is really sad to hear that
projects.openmoko.org failed to accomplish the mission from OM's point
of view.

Even though GForge is not perfect (lacks support for some popular VCS
etc), I still consider it to be usable, and quite a few
projects found their 'single home' on projects.openmoko.org -- just look
at the updates dates on the projects listed on the main page.

Now that is really sad to hear from OM:

		"go find yourself a new home",

sounds again like a broken promise to me, sorry, and imho  is not nice
-- is really a lot of effort put by OM to maintain that poor website???

May be it is worth finding a person in the community who would not mind
taking a burden maintaining the portal? I bet it would not cost much
to OM to simply provide a single virtual server online which would run
projects.openmoko.org, and give that dude all the keys?

What next to be gone? wiki.openmoko.org?

--
                                  .-.
                   Linux User    ^^-^^    [175555]