status of projects.openmoko.org

David Reyes Samblas Martinez david at tuxbrain.com
Tue Dec 16 09:47:19 CET 2008

:( It's not good news,
so what will happen with the mailing lists already in
projects.openmoko.org? I got two of them pretty active (fdom-devel and
openmoko-spain)
I'm agree openmoko core developers focus their effort in the inners of
the phone and let the community  deal with the rest but I'm sorry but
I believe not provide infrastructure to those community  projects
directly related to openmoko is a very bad policy, and a step
backwards in support the community to develop in the phone.
Surely this decision is already taken and no possible to revert but
instead of surrender this  had to be a point to keep and boost,
provide tools to  developers with ideas but lack of resources.
At least, openmoko instead  "go find yourself a new home", better
provide a devel manual,howto,faq or any kind of document where specify
recommended sites which provides the same or equivalent facilities and
tools they use to provide. (mailing list, csv/svn, project mangement
etc etc) and a recommended way to the users to find those projects.

my 2 euro cents