status of

Sean Moss-Pultz sean at
Tue Dec 16 10:59:11 CET 2008

On 12/16/08 Rod Whitby wrote:
> The closure of is (IMHO) a step in the wrong
> direction, since it further fragments the openmoko developer resources
> and community.
> This action says "Openmoko does not value the contributions of the
> community developers who use enough to pay for a
> single junior system administrator position to manage it".  I think
> that severely undervalues the contributions of all the community developers
> who have taken the time and effort to set up on

It's unfair to say that we won't pay for somebody to maintain this.
Money is not the issue. We've said this numerous times. It's opportunity
cost. We've never been able to get projects* running well. It's super
painful for me each time I see a community member complaining about how
busted projects* is. I would rather have Openmoko not do something than
do it poorly.

If somebody wants to step up and own this responsibility -- you bet --
we'll pay the bill.

Any takers?