[FSO] add QCT msm7* modem support

Lukas Gorris lukas.gorris at googlemail.com
Tue Dec 23 14:50:07 CET 2008

Hi

Now that everythin is fixed and the qualcomm_msm modem type is in git,
I went over to poke around with cli-framework trying dbus commands
described in this doku
http://git.freesmartphone.org/?p=specs.git;a=blob_plain;f=html/index.html;h=335811e8d8d43ee250344488350628356fc1b620;hb=HEAD

I encountered difficulties: In some situations the communication with
the modem choked. Here's what I did:

GetAntennaPower()
true

SetAntennaPower('false')

GetAntennaPower()
True

SetAntennaPower('False')
...NoReply... connection choked here!!

GetFeatures()
...NoReply...

gsmdevice.GetInfo()
...NoReply...

GetAntennaPower()

#killall python
#killall python
#frameworkd -s ogsmd -d
#cli-framework

gsmdevice.GetInfo()
imei
manuf
model
revision

#working again

In the frameworkd log I can see that commands still arrived and were
handled, but non could be sent somehow.  The same occured after
invoking SetSimBuffersSms() (yes, with no parameter). Is it expected
that the modem refuses to talk when it doesn't understand what you
want?
These are two more dbus commands which returned noreply but didn't
kill the connection:

gsmsim.GetSimInfo()
gsmsim.RetrievePhonebook('contacts') //other phonebooks worked, maybe
wrong permission mode in sim set?

I've been wondering about gprs. It should be easy because the 7x0x
modem seems to use it in the same way as you do on the calypso
handsets: One AT channel (smd0) and one for use with gprs (smd1)

gsmpdp.GetNetworkStatus()
<'cid': '75E6', 'lac': '0641', 'registration': 'home'>

gsmpdp.ActivateContect('web.vodafone.de','user','pass')
AttributeError: 'QualcommMsm' object has no atribute 'dataOptions'

gsmnetwork.GetStatus()
<'cid': '75E6', 'lac': '0641', 'registration': 'home', 'strength': 47>

As expected gprs doesn't work because it's not yet included in
qualcomm_msm. I tried setting up gprs (manually) and making calls
simultaneously and it worked perfectly: I can even invoke
gsmcall.Initiate(s s) from a remote host on the internet. About five
seconds after the call is active, packages stop flowing and continue
again seconds after I hang up. Here's again how I get online:

#Send to the AT channel (/dev/smd0):
AT+CGDCONT=1,\"IP\",\"<access-point-name>\",\"\",0,0\r

#wait a second and send
ATD*99***1#\r

#run ppp on smd1
pppd /dev/smd1 debug defaultroute local usepeerdns name <username>
noipdefault unit 0 linkname gprs novj persist

Can somebody provide a pointer on how to handle the @HTCCSQ signals?
It looks like this in the log:

2008.12.22 07:01:11 ogsmd.channel DEBUG    <SingleLineChannel via
/dev/smd0>: got 12 bytes from: '@HTCCSQ: 2\r\n'
2008.12.22 07:01:11 ogsmd.modems.abstract.channel WARNING  UNHANDLED
INTERMEDIATE: @HTCCSQ: 2

where 2 is the signal quality.

regards

Lukas